Director of Digital Media
- Full Time
Callahan & Associates is looking for an innovative thinker, with proven experience presenting content effectively online, to join our team. This role ensures the media team and its daily operations run successfully. This position also continually evaluates new processes and procedures to gain efficiencies in production, looks for new opportunities in the market for editorial products and insights, and plays a vital role in building the market stature of the organization.
• Manages production of award-winning editorial content for both print and online mediums, to include overseeing the daily operations of a small team of editors and writers, controlling schedules, and enforcing deadlines for in-house as well as freelance writers and designers.
• Finds ways to publish new content in a creative way.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g. web designers, marketing executives and branding) to improve article presentation online.
• Responsible for the development and strategy of website’s linear and vertical growth.
• Finds creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability).
• Collaborates with technology and data teams to determine ways to improve user experience; execute on insights gained during collaborations.
• Gives final approval for all editorial assignments and content; works with the editorial consultant to ensure the timely coverage of important industry topics across platforms.
• Generates new ideas for ways of doing things — such as how to use new technology, increase readership, or use new media; develops new products and ways to approach the editorial mission of Callahan media in the service of building market stature.
• Manages the strategy, planning, and oversite of the organization’s media arm.
Five plus years of relevant experience at senior-level role.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Proven experience in strategy management.
• Proven record of presenting content effectively online.
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Familiarity with content management systems.
• Excellent and persuasive interpersonal skills.
• Innovative thinker.
• Outstanding writing, copywriting, and editing skills; proficient in English.
• Reliable, efficient; organized and detail-oriented.
• Strong proficiencies in analytical, conceptual, and structural thinking and behavior.
• Thorough understanding of company’s brand identity and style guidelines to ensure consistent and effective messaging that adheres to our corporate image.
• Clear communication skills and considerable diplomacy when interacting with writers, editors, and company colleagues.