The US Corporate Finance team of Penguin Random House is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter to join our team as the Director of Financial Analysis. Reporting into the Vice President, Director of US Finance, this role will manage a small team while collaborating daily with the larger Corporate Finance group. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, innovative and motivated person who is looking to grow and have an impact on the company.
This position will take a leading role in impacting company-wide results through:
* Identifying trends to help grow revenue/create efficiencies
* Improving reporting capabilities/visibility
* Identifying areas of growth/efficiencies as well as operational and reporting improvements.
* Liaising with US CEO and President and Director of Strategic Development on ad-hoc projects
* Liaising with Divisional and Corporate areas on ad-hoc projects
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 10 years of related financial experience; book publishing is ideal
* Strong financial and analytical skills
* Experience managing a small team
* Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Strategic vision combined with attention to detail
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to raise difficult issues, diplomatically
* Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of SAP, Business Objects, Anaplan, and/or Power BI preferred
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.