UX Designer II
- Full Time
Proficient in user experience design and visual design. Able to execute projects with minimal oversight. Driven to learn and understand complex organizational processes and technology and develop ways to communicate them effectively through a variety of design tactics. Passionate and driven to affect change and/or enhancements to satisfy customer needs and optimize customer experience through product innovation and/or improvements to internal organization, processes and technology. identify/research resources necessary to address/balance customer needs. Typically assigned to larger, moderately complex projects requiring independent decision-making with oversight on unusual or complex issues. Output is periodically reviewed by others.
Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions
that impact operational results.
- Provides content and content strategy as part of the digital user experience.
- Partners with content providers to develop compelling digital assets to drive understanding of complex company initiatives.
- Supports and develops executive presentation materials.
- Collaborates in multi-disciplinary environment to produce digital artifacts.
- Uses digital standards and style guides to ensure design consistency across the enterprise.
- Member of cross-functional project teams to support the journey lifecycle.
- Guide and support cross-functional teams to move ideas through a project funnel from ideation through deployment as the champion and owner of the initiative.
- May generate business insights which guide product solutions.
- Identify consumer expectations and unmet needs with product and services to innovate and create solutions that address gaps and enhance customer experience. Directs product features from ideation through deployment.
- Analyze customer, business and product performance metrics and interpret underlying drivers to translate into data-based recommendations.
- Translate vision into clear and defined UX requirements/stories to drive functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with journey lead to understand user and business needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful service experiences.
- Drive the development of user experience frameworks which define the product value proposition to support product and services roadmap investments in collaboration with business partners.
- Research and evaluate product performance to prioritize UX improvements that optimize UX and strengthen product/service.
- Facilitates communication amongst project leaders, peers and relevant department and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current state of the experience and vision.
- Monitors developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends and considers UX implications in light of product roadmaps.
- Is a recognized product specialist in the organization in a broad UX discipline or in a narrow but specialized component of the UX discipline.
- Researches design techniques to further the organization's objectives.
- Determine the overall digital content strategy, requirements, and potential content sources, informed by usability best practices, company brand standards, and competitive research in close collaboration with multi-disciplinary design team.
- Develops or oversees the development of all design-related content to be included in the solution.
- Proven experience in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- 2 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. Graphic Design, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, User Experience, Design, UX Strategy etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of design and animation within Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Psychology, arts etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.