Digital Inventory Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Supporting pre-sale/post-sale process by forecasting and allocating advertising inventory for NBCU Digital Cables/Partners/Portfolio across various platforms, including but not limited to: Video, Longform, OTT, Set-Top VOD, Mobile, Display and custom ad products.Working closely with National Sales Planners with on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on media plans, with emphasis on demo guaranteed buys, including convergence deals (linear + digital).Thoroughly review/approve insertion orders and modifications through order management system and effectively communicate any discrepancies with Planning team.Handle requests for our growing, data-focused/audience-driven aspect of the business (AdSmart), including Programmatic and Addressable set-top VOD.Key focus on understanding technology, data and reporting tools/analytics needed for day-to-day.Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate.Collaborate with numerous departments: Planning, Sales, Operations, Digital Content Distribution, Sales Solutions, Research and Marketing.
The NBCU Digital Sales Inventory team is responsible for understanding and evaluating total sellable ad opportunities and assisting Planning and Sales in creating optimal proposals for clients, while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of the ad inventory. Analyst plays a key part in the sales process by supporting inventory-related requests for ad products across NBCU’s premium content. Analyst forecasts inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinates with the National Sales Planning team in discussing allocations for media proposals within a fast-paced environment across the NBCU Cable Portfolio (Bravo/E!/Oxygen/Syfy/USA/ UniKids), and in some cases, the entire NBCU Portfolio.
Core responsibilities include:
Additional responsibilities include:
Assist Sales management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, risk reporting, and any ad hoc reporting requests, as needed.Collaborate with team on maintaining forecasting tools and reporting.Work with Ops and Planning to manage revenue at risk; provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk.Along with team and Sr. Manager of Inventory, analyse and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory.QA and maintain inventory tools and systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 1-year online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management/ Analytics background strongly desired.
• Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables – role is Excel heavy).
• Extensive problem-solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
• Strong work ethic, detail-oriented and organized.
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally.
• Attraction and quick adaptation to ever-changing digital landscape.
• Strong knowledge of the digital media business, especially video advertising.
• Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, viewability, demo comps, co-viewing, etc.
• Knowledge of Operative-1 or similar Order Mgmt. System.
• Knowledge of Freewheel, Google Ad Manager (DFP), or Nielsen DAR/comScore VCE.
• Passion for digital media.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.