Director, Marketing, Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Go-to-Market: partner with the VP + SVP of Marketing and sales leadership to regularly refine Peacock’s go-to-market strategy to stay competitive and relevant within the evolving media landscape.Packaging: create, socialize and execute packaging strategies that leverage a multitude of assets within Peacock. Products: collaborate with the creative and product teams to identify and develop new ad opportunities.Leadership: ability to be a leader within sales and educate colleagues on the overall Peacock strategy.
Introducing Peacock, established in 2019. Peacock is the all new NBCUniversal streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together in a single app.
In preparation for Peacock’s 2020 launch we are building a marketing team within the NBCUniversal Sales division. We are looking for the swiss army knife of marketers. Someone with the unique ability to cut through a crowded marketplace with clever insight driven ideas that break the traditional rules of advertising and deliver marketing activations that exceed our client’s KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, Creative Partnerships will report into the Vice President, Creative Partnerships. This high profile, cross-functional sales and marketing role will have three key areas of responsibility.
MonetizationClient-Specific RFPs & Brainstorms: partner with sales to formulate marketable sales strategies that are customized to fit specific client objectives; includes brainstorming and liaising with site creative/production teams to create compelling Peacock sales opportunities.Develop New Sales Opportunities: identify emerging marketing opportunities that will serve as compelling thought starters for client conversations.Optimize Sales Campaigns: Oversee the post-sales process, addressing campaign questions/refinements and maximizing campaign delivery.
Messaging Sales Collateral: create and manage portfolio of Peacock sales materials, programming/event show sheets, case studies, research one-sheets, etc.Advertising and Sponsorships: evaluate opportunities to promote Peacock through event sponsorship, advertising and other external channels.
• 8+ years of experience at an agency, media company, sales organization
• Bachelor’s Degree
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Extensive experience working with brand advertising and marketing
• Highly strategic and experienced in leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate, collaborate, and successfully seize opportunities
• Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Knowledgeable about the OTT marketplace
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent writing skills for internal and external communication
• Ability to derive insights from data
• Thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop etc. and presentation proficiencies
• Attention to detail, highly organized individual
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.