Digital Content Specialist
- Full Time
The ALL ARTS Digital Content Specialist assists in overseeing social media content and asset management of our various digital properties. The Digital Content Specialist will work closely with our ALL ARTS online and production teams to create digital content and collaborate with Audience Engagement to drive broadcast and streaming views. Key responsibilities include:
• Work with Digital Content Editors to write content quickly and publish daily to all social media channels;
• Manage audience communication on social platforms, filtering questions and concerns to various departments;
• Write and compile social media toolkits for priority programs;
• Work with Digital Content Editors and designers to coordinate assets for program channels on ALL ARTS’ streaming video server, website and streaming apps and help traffic and upload to all online distribution channels.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Assist in maintaining and updating website calendar listings;
• Solicit b-roll and other video content from outside institutions for use by Digital Content Editors in short-form online video;
• Occasionally contributes written blog posts to the ALL ARTS website;
• Occasionally participates on production shoots and events providing on-the-ground coverage for social media;
• Serve as a backup to Digital Content Editors, when necessary
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in social media and online editorial;
• In-depth understanding of social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• Experience managing social media for brands that employ video on their accounts;
• Proficiency with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and editorial judgment, the ability to craft short, compelling copy. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things arts-related, and a keen understanding of social media and community management.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET is an equal employment opportunity employer. WNET does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.