We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to support the Associate Director of Publicity and Senior Publicist in the Riverhead Books imprint of Penguin Random House. Riverhead is a boutique literary imprint that publishes urgent, unheard voices from around the world, including award-winning literary fiction and bestselling nonfiction writers. The position requires excellent time management and prioritization skills as well as strong attention to detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with distinguished authors such as Marlon James, Meg Wolitzer, Elizabeth Gilbert, Carlo Rovelli and more on a wide variety of hardcover and paperback titles!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Providing general administrative support, including mailings, photocopying, processing invoices, filing, billings, expense reports, etc.
* Drafting press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters, interview alerts, quote sheets, etc.
* Liaising with bookstores to organize author events.
* Coordinating travel and other arrangements for major author tours and creating detailed tour schedules for campaigns.
* Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers.
* Communicating between the Marketing, Editorial, and Production departments.
* Maintaining media clips, press contacts, and detailed logs of publicity projects in an internal database system.
* Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and assisting with social media platforms.
* Supporting the full publicity department with bill coding, supplies, and other administrative tasks.
* Attending book events.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Strong interest in publicity and book publishing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
* Strong follow-up skills
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus
* Working knowledge of social media
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.