Senior Analyst, Pricing & Planning
Posted: 10/7/2019 | Expires: 11/6/2019
Location: New York City, New York
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: Commensurate to experience
We are seeking a Senior Analyst! As the Senior Analyst of Pricing & Planning, you are responsible for managing the Pricing & Planning deal maintenance queue. As the Senior Analyst, you confirm deal inventory has been cleared and will work closely with the sales planners and sales assistants to meet client goals while balancing internal network objectives. You also develop reports from Fox’s proprietary sales system, reworking in Excel and distributing as indicated.
Job Number: R50010254
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing of all change notice requests from the ad sales team.
- Placement of all inventory for clients while balancing internal network objectives.
- Producing and/or assisting in the production of analytical reports (e.g. CPM analysis, Remainder Analysis, and Inventory Utilization Reports).
- Preparing analytical reports used by senior management and P&P to analyze network revenue/targets.
- Access standard reports from Pace (e.g.: Network Stewardship Reports).
- Work with the Manager of Pricing & Planning to reconcile programming grids/ sales schedule entered in Pace Ad Sales system and to resolve any resulting inventory conflicts/re-expression.
- Ensure that the setup and verification of the programming lineup is published in the rate card for sales and direction on re-expression ensures inventory is placed in available programs.
- Participate in ensuring accurate and timely processing of program schedules in appropriate systems
- Provide current information on available inventory to assist sales pricing, packaging and sales programs development.
- Develop and maintain information databases that assist the sales function
- Articulate status of current inventory and provides available-to-sell reports.
- Assist sales team in identifying over- and under-sold inventory and suggest reallocation
- Develop models for prospective advertising products or packages.
- Communicate sales strategy to planners / assistants
- Special projects as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BS or BA preferred
- At least 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Practical mathematical skills are a must
- Excel proficiency is required, and experience with ad sales systems preferred
- Critical thinking skills, analytical ability, strong follow-through and attention to detail are a must