Director of Communications
- Full Time
Directs and executes the communications and public relations strategy for association and related entities.
Bachelor’s degree in communications or public relations. Minimum of four years of experience in the communications field, with no less than two years in the promotion of the industry and/or not-for-profit professional associations.
- Create and execute overall internal and external communications strategy.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and coaching to direct reports.
- Develop a targeted media relations plan for association members, chapters, electrical construction industry trades, select consumer publications, online outlets and other media that helps powerfully communicate NECA’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry trade publications, online outlets and newspapers in order to best promote the association.
- Ensure the timely development of association’s communication pieces, press kit, including press and photo releases, feature articles, scripts, editorials and related promotional pieces.
- Newsletters: Act as Editor in Chief of various association newsletters, creating strategy to ensure that newsletters targeted to different market segments are completed in a timely and professional basis.
- Magazine: Coordinate with Publisher of Electrical Contractor Magazine on the sharing of content.
- Web Site: Manage and maintain all related the NECA websites and ensure that the website promotes current and accurate industry information.
- Oversees preparation of staff and volunteers for interviews with the press, and all aspects of press conferences.
- Offer advice, consultation, and assistance to NECA chapters regarding their communications strategy.
- Maintain a cooperative and close working relationship with national staff, chapters, the Executive Committee, the Board of Governors, NECA membership and volunteers.
- Successfully handle ongoing department budgetary duties as assigned.
- Travel to special events, board meetings, and other programs as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NECA is the voice of the $160 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light, and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. NECA contractors help customers achieve their goals for energy conservation, efficiency and renewable power. NECA’s national office and 119 local chapters advance the industry through advocacy, education, research and standards development. For more information, visit.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org