- Full Time
The Intrepid Museum is seeking a talented Creative Director to provide vision and direction to all aspects of the brand, including graphic design, photography, copy and advertising and have the ability to embrace and communicate the brand across internal and external channels, defining and applying a unified brand look and feel across all touchpoints.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Frame and drive a creative vision, orchestrating, nurturing and inspiring disciplines in the creation of that vision across its varied executions (print, video, digital, experiential, etc)
- Develop and enforce brand principles and style guides to inform design and messaging across all touchpoints (website, app, marketing materials, signage, etc.)
- Manage and prioritize the influx of creative projects for the entire institution
- Hire, manage and lead a team of creative writers, designers and producers, ensuring that our design voice is consistent and strong across the institution
- Evaluating and, if necessary altering, the content of projects before completion
- Possess impeccable written and verbal communications across all levels of engagement: operational, creative, presentation, strategic, management, internal, client and team.
- Collaborate with and/or manage/direct outside agencies and creative partners
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project timelines for multiple ongoing projects that equally encourage creative exploration and production efficiency
- Develop robust creative strategies that inform all of our marketing output – paid advertising, digital experiences, social programs, public and media relations, partnerships, original content, and more
- Manage the museum’s overall advertising budget
- Leverage content marketing opportunities and develop requirements for digital media assets, including strategy alignment and measuring/tracking effectiveness
- In partnership with division teams and the VP Marketing, articulate and share a powerful creative vision for the Museums future as a way to inspire our communications and sharpen our guests’ experiences with us
- Assist with copy writing for a variety of executions
- Scout and share design and marketing innovations
- Performs other duties as required by management
The ideal candidate will have BFA or BA in related field, Graduate degree in Media or Design preferred with 8+ years of experience in highly creative marketing roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership role. Experience building and nurturing creative teams that include a diverse range of roles. Strong conceptual thinker with a strong ability to simply and powerfully communicate ideas through writing and/or visuals. Proven ability to work with senior leadership (C-level, board of trustees) to pitch ideas and build consensus. Experience managing brand creative and operations teams including FTEs and a network of contract and freelance designers, producers, crew, talent, and other contributors. Experience working with a creative/design agency is required with a strong eye for design. Experience communicating the value of creative problem solving methods, design processes, and storytelling models to a wide range of audiences to encourage the best utilization of creative teams across all levels of project planning. Experience working with brands from categories related to Intrepid Museum is a bonus (CPG, destinations/attractions, tourism and hospitality, retail, etc). Experience developing and implementing media and advertising plans. Highly motivated and driven, with a passion for creating unique brand experiences online and offline.Ability to multitask, juggle multiple projects with varying timelines and work within a fast-paced environment
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.