Marketing Tech Director
- Full Time
The Marketing Technology Director's primary responsibility is to enable Ad Council's digital transformation by enhancing its people and processes through the use of marketing technology.
Marketing technology is a critical enabler to Ad Council's growth and its sophistication within marketing.
It requires a significant ability to make the complex simple through visual storytelling and enabling new process and technology design.
The Marketing Tech Director role is an important position that requires the ability to translate Ad Council's marketing vision into technology implementations that are needed to deliver on Marketing goals. This role must understand how technology and data are needed to fulfill organizational goals. The function requires strong tech project management and provide oversight and have a deep understanding of all integrated elements of digital products strategy, execution, and all team deliverables.
This role will work closely with stakeholders across the organization to measure the impact of strategies and tactics and drive growth, as well as report out on metrics and results.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee Marketing Technology – Systems & Processes
- Ensure the tools and the overall ecosystem are in place to accurately measure and optimize our marketing communications.
- Leverage our marketing technology stack to streamline automations and deliver results
- Ensure the teams are enabled to utilize the tools effectively with proper rollouts and training
- Implement services that continuously adapts and updates our marketing database and provides analytics to the marketing organization, leveraging our own technology
- Work with website resources to ensure that inbound traffic can be converted into known leads though a best in class web experience
Tech Project Manager
- Lead implementations and integrations of marketing technologies for all marketers to leverage.
- Ensure delivery of 1 – 2 transformation initiatives within a given year.
- Ensure proper project plan, setup, and integration between all specialty teams enabling success
Some Projects include:
- Upgrade, unify, and implement the CRM/Salesforce tool across the organization
- Work with Analytics to integrate all marketing performance databases and create a scalable dashboard/portal to view marketing activity results across the organization
- Work closely with VP, Digital Marketing to upgrade and establish governance and criteria in Salesforce moving forward
- Work to keep website pages optimized and integrated with CRM and other marketing automation to drive website conversion
Data Management & Strategy
- Monitor data quality within marketing technology products
- Work across teams to collect all marketing data across departments and understand marketing performance
- Work to capture B2B 1st party data and all potential leads utilizing marketing tools and services
- Help build segmentation strategies and execute cross-channel marketing plans for our target audience on all digital channels
- Set up marketing tracking mechanisms to capture engagement and account/contact scoring
- Implement systematic A/B testing to drive open rate and lead conversions across multiple channels
- Enable teams by providing reports with tons of insight and metrics that drive growth
- Highly organized project manager with great attention to detail
- Understanding of how systems interconnect and how to integrate data between platforms
- Strong proficiency with marketing and digital technology landscape and trends across the stack
- Proven experience leading CRM implementations like Salesforce or other similar marketing tools
- Must understand traditional marketing disciplines that include SEO, Customer segmentation, Social media, Email marketing, lead generation, Database management, website optimization
- Ability to make decisions and communicate insights founded upon analytics and other metric analysis
- Success leading implementation and integration of marketing technologies for digital data driven organizations
- Must be highly motivated, organized, and passionate and have a strong desire to learn and to share knowledge with a broader team.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills that help build rapport with internal and external stake holders on all projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Media, Communications, or Technology
- 8+ years leading technical implementation as program, project or product manager
- 5+ years of digital marketing and demand generation work experience in the communications industry
- Hands-on experience with Inbound Marketing approaches
- Excellent relationship builder who can work across a group of stakeholders to build communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytics and data acumen
- Must be proactive, self-starter with ability to multitask
- Capable of working efficiently - independently and in a group
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create changed around the most critical social issues facing our country. The Ad Council initiates, produces and activates communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We produce content that ignites new ideas, increases the health, education, and safety of our nation, and literally saves lives.
We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign "Love Has No Labels" that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We work hand in hand with the leading non-profit organizations, government agencies, corporate brands and media companies to develop over 40 national social good campaigns each year including Suicide Prevention, Gun Safety, Bullying Prevention, STEM for Girls, Pet Adoption and Texting and Driving Prevention.
The Ad Council team uses all the tools in communications arsenal including developing PSAs and social media content, engaging talent, gaming, conducting media relations and grassroots marketing, and creating chat bots, digital and live events to raise awareness around social causes. We also have the opportunity to work with our Board of Director companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Google/YouTube, Vice and R/GA to leverage the latest tactics, tools and platforms that will have the most significant social impact.
To learn more about the Ad Council and its impactful campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Join-Us
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (212) 922-1676 or
US Mail to the Advertising Council
Attn: Human Resources
815 2nd Avenue; 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c5kzyx7z3zfbpk3j