Business Intelligence Analyst
Do you like solving interesting analytical problems, building business intelligence tools, and helping others understand the world through data? Penguin Random House has a unique opportunity available to join our business intelligence team as a Business Intelligence Analyst.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining data analysis solutions that will provide key insights about our business and the publishing industry.
* Solve: translate problems from the language of business to the language of data analysis; then translate the solution back in an actionable way. Work directly with book publishing professionals (editors, marketers, publishers, sales) to answer their daily business questions, and to understand the decisions that they make that depend on data. (Skills: data analysis, data storytelling)
* Build: create self-service tools that allow others to find insights. (Skills: design, user interviews, prototyping, no-code front-end building)
* Teach: Rollout, train, and support people on the tools you’ve developed (skills: communication, documentation, presenting)
* Advocate: present analysis and actively seek out analytical applications, to help us build a data-driven culture (skills: networking, outreach)
You aren’t expected to be an expert in each skill set, but you have to be enthusiastic to learn all of them.
You may also be called upon to manage ad hoc analytical or operational projects.
* Minimum of 2 years of business intelligence or analytical experience
* Proficient with business intelligence systems such as Power BI, Tableau, or Business Objects
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel (including vlookups, arrays, macros, etc.) and PowerPoint
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees across all levels and functions within a company
* Ability to analyze and present complex information from multiple data sources concisely
* Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies, priorities, or goals
* Superb attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Experience within publishing, media, or at a consulting company is a plus
SQL or DAX is a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.