Location: Los Angeles, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for editing and producing original stories on a daily basisResponsible for the development, production, and editing of content centered on West Coast news, focused on the Hispanic communitiesAssist in editing stories produced by other team members, when neededCover breaking newsDevelop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive storiesGenerates a wide variety of story ideas, research and set up the content and interviewsGenerates relevant topics and news briefs with script and videoResponsible for conceptualizing and writing accurate Spanish-language news storiesWork with the linear team to maximize news coverage on all platformsWorks under the direct supervision of the Director of News Digital Content and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Responsible for reporting, producing, coordinating, planning, and publishing content on the website, app, social media accounts, and broadcast platforms
● Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience
● Minimum 5 years of experience working in a newsroom
● Minimum 3 years of experience as a reporter covering US Hispanic communities
● Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
● Experience managing digital tools, including social media platforms and CMS
● Working knowledge of Photoshop
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
● Must be willing to work in the Greater Los Angeles, California area
● Must be 18 years or older
● Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
● Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
● Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
● Must be available to work (whenever necessary) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
● Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
● Experience in investigative reporting and politics coverage
● Understanding of digital metrics
● Exhibits an understanding of social media and messaging platforms
● Exhibits knowledge of current entertainment industry trends for the Latin Market in the US
● Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
● Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
● Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
● Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
● Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
● Creative and highly organized
● Exhibits news judgment with solid ethical decision process
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.