Director, Data Product Management – AdTech / MarTech, DTC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work with the Data Governance team to make sure the integrity and utilization of data adheres to NBCU’s data governance standards and processes, ensuring fitness of data elements Partner with marketing teams to evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing and advertising team performance.Take lead in evaluating and measuring MarTech integrations ensuring compliance, formalized process, and best-in-class integrations Own the documentation and maintenance of the flow of data across all MarTech/AdTech systems in a compliant manner.Identify key MarTech operating model improvements across the organization, process, and technology for product success.Serve as the MarTech/AdTech SME on opportunities to capitalize data and technology to fulfill organizational goals.
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new Direct-to-Consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented Director, Data Product Management on the team who will champion a Data-as-a-Product mindset for NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming service. This role will lead and contribute to the E2E data vision while implementing the data integration strategy with our MarTech/AdTech partners to drive the successful growth of our Direct-To-Consumer business.
As a member of the Decision Sciences team, this person will be responsible for owning, managing and supporting the data fidelity between the underlying Marketing and Advertising technology stacks and our Data Lake to enable a personalized customer engagement and campaign attribution. This position will work cross-functionally across the internal and external stakeholders to define and document requirements and work with the technology team to maintain and execute a data pipeline roadmap with clear connections to business objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Establish data requirements for the MarTech/Ad tech data infrastructure and develop strategic roadmaps to execute on.Document and ensure the Technical delivery teams understand the analysis, reporting, data and marketing requirements to facilitate the creation of solutions that will meet the agreed business objectives.Ensure that the Business Stakeholders understand what is being delivered, when and specifically what data requirements and capabilities will/will not be met.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, other quantitative field or equivalent industry experience.
• 10+ years working in real-time big data environment (Streaming media a plus)
• Strong domain knowledge/understanding of the MarTech landscape/ecosystem, including Sales Force, Adobe - AEM, Target, Analytics, ESP’s, CDP’s and CMS’s; how it is evolving, with a focus on data, compliance and mobile capabilities
• Experience of inheriting, improving and implementing existing/new technologies
• Ability to prioritize issues quickly and creatively with a solution-based attitude
• Passionate about leveraging technology and data to drive performance
• Able to strategize and implement/execute – a doer.
• Experience with Big Query/Google technology stack a plus
• Excellent written, oral and presentation abilities - must be able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Able to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams
• Experience of piloting new concepts and transforming it to production systems and measuring impact
• Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences, navigate ambiguity, and manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work directly with technical and product teams
• Ability to present to senior leadership
• Highly collaborative with good conflict resolutions skills
• Experience of working with Big Data Engineers in near Real Time & Batch Data Pipeline development environment a plus
• Excellent team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.