Product Delivery Manager
- Full Time
The Product Delivery Manager is the Product Management leader on one or more scrum teams. The Product Delivery Manager works with product
leaders and business stakeholders to understand the product vision and intended business outcomes. The Product Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that the scrum team maintains alignment to the product vision and is accountable for acceptance of innovative solutions that achieve business outcomes and improve the user experience.
With guidance and input from the Product lead for their Release Train, Product Delivery Managers work with a cross-functional scrum
team, to build, enhance and manage a set of products and platforms using Agile software methodologies. They own and groom the backlog for the scrum team, ensuring backlog health and the continuous delivery of value to stakeholders and users. As products and solutions near launch the Product Delivery Manager works with the Release Train team and Market Readiness partners to develop go-to-market plans. They may support stakeholder demos and training material development as the subject matter expert.
Product Delivery Managers are expected to contribute back to the Release Train ideas and opportunities for consideration as part of the product roadmap. They have a high-level of experience in their products, capabilities and services, and can articulate the value and benefit of these products in both technical and business terms.
This role requires a high-level understanding of the Salesforce.com ecosystem and related applications as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, Agile software development environment. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and make appropriate product decisions quickly.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Partner with other Product leads and business stakeholders to understand product strategy while generating innovative ideas for achieving product success
- Translate business requirements into features and user stories, collaborate with scrum teams to craft solutions/documentation and represent stakeholder and user needs in product delivery
- Work with scrum teams to determine development strategies, solutions, and release dates
- Prioritize Scrum Team backlog with guidance from Product Leads and to ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to optimize velocity for the team
- Work with Scrum Master to prioritize and schedule production defects for resolution
- Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and Release Train planning meetings
- Oversee the completion of user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released, ensuring the quality of products that are being delivered
- Communicate to Product leadership, market readiness, and other stakeholders release plans, feature details and bug fix updates
- Partner with the Market Readiness Manager to support go-to-market strategies
- Analyze product and feature performance leveraging quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate stakeholder satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and achievement of intended business outcomes
- Make rapid tactical decisions where needed to maintain team momentum and focus on continuous value delivery
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, capabilities and business rules
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, business management or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years demonstrated success as a product owner in the delivery of software to market
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and stakeholders to understand application use from an outside-in perspective
- Ability to define and articulate business requirements and outcomes on behalf of customers and stakeholders
- Experience leading scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Proficient in writing, splitting and prioritizing user stories with a focus on delivering measurable business value
- Self-directed problem solver with a demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; verbal and written with the ability to communicate business and technical information to delivery stakeholders
- Sales Product set experience
- Experience with agile project management tools (Rally, JIRA, TFS, other)
- 5 years demonstrated experience in Sales and Sales Operations Processes including Account Management, Opportunity Management and Sales Analytics
- 3 years of experience implementing Salesforce.com and related applications
- Experience applying lean principles and practices
- Soft skills to quickly gain the confidence, trust and support of internal clients, stakeholders, and scrum teams.
- Experience and understanding of the automotive client ecosystem
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.