- Full Time
KHBS/KHOG TV has an opening for part time production Studio Camera Operator for our Sunrise show and an opening for our evening newscast. We are seeking individuals who are self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
- Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast.
- Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times.
- Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
- Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
- Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
- Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
- Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4am.
- Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
- Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
- Experience using Windows-based computer software.
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of robotic camera operation and audio is highly desirable.
- Ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
- Knowledge of studio lighting.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
- Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
- College graduates with a communications degree preferred
- Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
- Military training and experience will be considered.