Senior Pricing Manager
- Full Time
Senior Pricing Manager
The Senior Pricing Manager will report to the VP Commercial Policy, and will be part of a team responsible for shaping and implementing commercial pricing, policies and processes for Dow Jones. A successful Senior Pricing Manager will be able to work across all levels of the organization to perform value-based pricing analysis, lead cross-functional pricing projects, and make recommendations to management regarding pricing levels, discounts, and contract negotiations for a broad set of existing and new products sold to domestic and international customers primarily in the Professional Information Business. Additionally, the Strategic Pricing Manager will be responsible for ensuring excellence in pricing execution, including the development and enforcement of discounting policies as well as effective implementation of commercial strategies in the CRM and other internal systems.
- Develop pricing structures, discount and commercial policies based on customer and product segmentations
- Tracking contract pricing performance & compliance
- Effectively operate in a cross functional environment with the ability to advise and influence Sales, Partners, Finance, Operations and Legal.
- Identify areas of price opportunity based on data driven analytics
- Develop and execute comprehensive pricing strategies and optimization tactics to improve profitability across the customer portfolio
- Provide clear guidance, support and change management in the execution of the pricing process
- Development of pricing strategies for new products and commercialization of new product features taking into consideration the individual product and cross-portfolio pricing
- Support product/customer migration strategies as needed
- Support continuous improvement of pricing operations and processes
- Strong project ownership and project management capabilities.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify critical issues.
- Experience working with pricing structures and discount matrices
- A minimum of 5 years of finance, revenue management and/or pricing execution and analytics experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong financial modeling skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Experience in setting and implementing value-based pricing strategy
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and get to the “story behind the numbers”
- Proven ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with SalesForce preferred
- Strong sense of personal ownership and ability to get things done
- Experience working with sales teams and contract operations
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: STRATEGY - CORPORATE
Job Category: Strategy Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 18504