Director of Marketing
- Full Time
Director of Marketing Summary of Job:
As the leader of the Marketing team, the Director of Marketing proactively, strategically, and creatively advances Workforce Opportunity Service’s visibility, reputation, and relevance with multiple constituencies. Broadens WOS’ reach, deepens engagement, and inspires businesses and governments to sponsor, support and advocate for early career seeking Veterans and untapped underserved communities. Develops, integrates, and implements events, demand generation, communications, public relations, and brand marketing initiatives committed to help recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. Responsibilities will include:
- Positioning and messaging
- Demand Generation
- Presentation Development
- Collateral Development
- Website Strategy and Content
- Social Media
- Team Leadership
- Individual will report directly to the Founder and Chairman of WOS.
Other Key Relationships:
- External: Prospective and existing clients, sponsors, media, partner agency representatives, outside vendors (graphic designer, printers, web designers/hosts, etc.) and more.
- Internal: Executive Team and all WOS staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Through employee’s own efforts or through the delegation of efforts to key staff:
- Marketing and Events:
- Develop strategic marketing plans that align to WOS organization goals, including increased awareness, industry thought leadership and communications.
- Implement plans with the assistance of team members, stakeholders and contracted agencies.
- Direct the creation of all marketing collateral and communications.
- Develop and manage measurement and reporting on campaign results.
- Enhance marketing processes and technologies as well as tracking results.
- Direct integrated digital and traditional, social media, advertising, public relations, trade shows and other campaigns to generate awareness and demand.
- Conduct research and evaluation of vendor solutions and manage relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices.
- Manage marketing budget for all programs and campaigns.
- Develop and sustain successful relationships with WOS ecosystem.
- Perform fiscal responsibilities to ensure smooth fiscal operation and create and manage assigned budgets in a timely and effective manner.
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of communication messaging and strategy as well as all marketing materials.
- Lead/manage WOS Website, including creating and managing all content and analyzing site data to track and improve content reach.
- Manage organizational social media presence including creating and managing content across multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog to engage with community.)
- Analyze social media platform data to track and improve content reach.
- Develop and execute regular electronic communications to network of news subscribers.
- Develop annual PR and advertising plan. Analyze and report out on communication, advertising and PR effectiveness. Ensure advertisement messaging includes a call to action. Duties include but are not limited to: writing press releases related to events and assigned projects, writing opinion-editorial pieces where appropriate, event scripts, talking points, etc.
- Take the lead in developing stories about WOS, graduates and champions.
- Fully participate as an integral part of the larger WOS team by promoting a positive work environment, creating a positive organizational image, being a helpful teammate, and articulating our work in a clear and focused manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relationship Building – Understand that people come before process and are astute in cultivation and managing relationship toward a common goal. Effectively communicates, treats others with respect and dignity, actively listens and facilitates diverse input and contributions, embraces conflict and can successfully navigate the conversation to describe the organizations interests and find appropriate solutions.
- Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior – Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization’s strategic plans and annual goals. Demonstrates a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact of actions, promotes innovation and is willing to take risks, develops relationships to drive resources and results and has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on the business model, holds self and team members accountability of achieving results, motivates others to translate ideas into actions.
- Mission-focused – Top priority is to create real social change that leads to better education, careers and lives of Veterans and underserved communities. Demonstrates the ability to link WOS aspirations to community needs; strives to achieve shared goals, separates one’s own interest from organizational interest in order to make the best possible judgments for the organization.
- Brand Steward – Understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater WOS network. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (person, market, societal), internalizes the meaning and commitment of WOS and consistently acts according to its value and purpose. Is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders, identifies underlying issues that impact negatively on people and takes appropriate action to rectify the issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing. Master's degree preferred.
- Relevant work experience in the marketing field with demonstrated leadership and skills. Experience building and managing teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
- Excellent promotional skills, excellent communications skills, and extensive writing and editing experience and skills with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Ability to produce high quality, persuasive written materials suitable for general public understanding, requiring minimal revision.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects including meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated use of social media to engage and deepen relationships with the media and public.
- A strong foundation in desktop publishing skills and design basics very desirable.
- Full-time/immediate availability (40 hours/week)
- Depending on Experience
- New York, NY (Morningside Heights)
- Travel: 10%, managing events and meeting with customers
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a nonprofit dedicated to recruiting, training and placing underserved and veteran job seekers into long-lasting careers at prominent organizations. To date, WOS has served 5,300+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org