Marketing Associate, Social Media & Digital Media
- Full Time
Do you have a passion for food and promoting health and wellness programs? We have a fantastic opportunity to work for The Monday Campaigns initiatives, part of GRACE Communications Foundation whose work addresses public health and food advocacy. We’re seeking a digital marketer with excellent communication skills and experience across all social media platforms. If you’re passionate about engaging audiences interested in food, sustainability, and public health through digital and social channels, this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
The Monday Campaigns, which includes Meatless Monday, Move it Monday, DeStress Monday, The Kids Cook Monday and Quit and Stay Quit Monday - are public health initiatives built upon a foundation of research conducted by Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University and Syracuse University – as well as collaborations with other, high-profile organizational partners.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in all things social media and will have hands-on experience managing a campaign or brand’s social media presence across multiple channels. You know how to create a unique voice to engage different audiences and have great instincts for curating and developing original content that drives high engagement. The successful candidate will contribute to strategy, analytics, influencer engagement and monitoring. You’ll be passionate about analytics, have a creative side and a keen interest in food, nutrition, fitness, health and wellness.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and scheduling content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Community management of multiple social media channels, responding to and engaging with participants in a consistent voice.
- Content development and management of a social calendar, daily stories and posts that improve engagement and reach.
- Partnership activation: manage all aspects of social media brand partner programs including content development, posting, online engagement, analytics and case study development.
- Designing/editing compelling visuals (photos, memes, quotes, infographics, etc.) to help initiatives stand out and be more shareable.
- Managing production and distribution of weekly email newsletters.
- Updating website content and contributing to site optimization for search and user experience.
- Running Twitter chats and other digital promotions such as influencer campaigns and partner giveaways.
- Identifying influencers and potential partners on social media and sharing related content ideas with them.
- Identifying potential B2B partners and assisting with outreach.
- Monitoring activity on all social media channels, including related keywords/hashtags.
- Compiling monthly analytics reports and contributing to campaign growth and engagement strategies.
- Platform and paid strategy: use your strong understand of analytic platforms to make strategic recommendations based on data to improve social presence, including understanding of algorithms, recommendations for paid media, including ROI analysis.
- Trend analysis: stay on top of social and consumer trends, including monitoring key brands, understanding social platform updates and identifying relevant content.
- Manage and respond to inbound inquiries on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A BA with 3-5 years’ work experience in digital and social media marketing for a brand, organization, or publication, preferably in the health space.
- Passion for marketing and improving people’s health and well-being
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Knowledge of website management programs/CMS required. Working knowledge of Wordpress is preferred. Familiarity with Hootsuite and Canva a plus.
- Working knowledge of analytics for campaigns or websites.
- Knowledge of LinkedIn for B2B development a plus.
- Knowedge of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) for digital promotions and content.
- Ability to write in an engaging voice appropriate for different platforms and target audiences. Blogging experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and shift priorities as needed to meet campaign goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send all of the following:
- Cover note telling us what ideas/experience/skills you can bring to the team
- Desired salary
- At least two writing samples
- A sample social media campaign
Kindly send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "Marketing Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Candidates should anticipate being asked to prepare a sample exercise as part of the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience. This is an immediate hire.