Senior Product Delivery Manager
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is adding and experienced Senior Product
Delivery Manager with SAAS/PAAS software products to our Platform API team in our CRS group in Austin, TX.
The Common Retail Services API product team provides an
enterprise-wide framework for commercialization and consistency of Cox
Automotive capabilities in the form of APIs thereby driving faster and
efficient automotive commerce.
Initiatives/products that drive our vision are as follows:
Cox Automotive API Storefront: A central, online, and public-facing store that is used to facilitate the purchase and consumption of Cox built APIs
Best Practices: Our design center helps Cox developer teams
build APIs with consistency and quality driving towards an ‘API first’ and ‘API as a product’ mindset
API Developer Tools: We build tools that help the builders
of APIs. Each of these tools are standalone products
Why should you work for Cox?
- Work with an industry leader:
- It’s all about our culture:
- Transforming the Auto Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiMKTWd0HY
- A great place to work:
What is interesting about this role and the team?
- Common Retail Services is a team that serves as a framework
for all of Cox’s Retail business units and brands giving an enterprise-wide exposure to its team members
- In this role you will have the unique opportunity to interface with leaders from various business units across Cox Automotive as opposed to being siloed into one application or brand.
- The Retail API team is the center driving the ‘API as product’ and ‘API first’ initiatives for Cox and as a product leader in that
space you will be directly responsible for changing the way the company builds and sells its capabilities.
As a Senior Product Delivery Manager, you will…
- Lead the successful delivery of the product roadmaps for multiple teams and/or areas within the Retail API space
- Partner with Product, Technology and Executive Leadership
to shape the strategy and roadmap for products directly managed
- Manage the product roadmap and backlog for one or more
- Prioritize and sequence the backlog by business value or
- Lead the quarterly planning efforts for the assigned areas
- Work within their Application(s) teams to decompose epics,
themes and features into system level stories and/or designs
- Accurately report on current project status on a weekly
basis to Product and Technology leadership
- Convey the vision and goals at the beginning of every
initiative, iteration and throughout the product life cycle
- Identify, understand and communicate the customer needs to
application development teams in order to shape successful implementation of new products and features
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, behavior and high-level architecture
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of the competitive
landscape in the automotive software space including competitive products
- Foster a collaborative team environment within and across
teams at Cox Automotive
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field is required
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in software Product Development in a Product or Technology role
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizing skills required. Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve.
- Extensive experience in translating customer requirements into Agile user stories
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) required.
- Experience with Product planning, Agile productivity and management tools (e.g., Aha, Product Board, Rally, VersionOne, Jira, Trello, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers
What might get you brownie points…
- Experience partnering with design teams and guiding UX
- Working knowledge of application programming interfaces (APIs) OR system integration
- Working knowledge of Rally (CA Agile) preferred
- Automotive industry experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.