Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs, Studios
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Sends out and processes start paperwork for directly engaged talent and production service companies.Drafts and negotiates Certificates of Engagement, Certificates of Authorship and other production agreements as assigned by attorneys.Drafts internal deal memos.Sends out agreements on behalf of attorneys and processes incoming comments.Uses DocuSign to obtain agreement signatures and iManage to store all documents.Tracks payments and uses DocuSign to process incoming invoices.Reviews and logs all production legal deliverables received from production service companies.Prepares talent and sponsor approvals/restrictions summaries.Prepares credit summaries.Documents chain of title and coordinates copyright registrations (where applicable).Maintains accurate, up-to-date Project Trackers.Drafts and improves form agreements; manages the forms library.Assists attorneys prepare agendas and training materials for production legal meetings.Suggests and implements best practices and new processes for the department.
The Paralegal reports to the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Production and is part of a team responsible for providing Business and Legal Affairs services and advice to the Indigo, DreamWorksTV and Bluprint studios.
• Minimum 2 years production legal experience as an assistant or paralegal at a studio, production company or law firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate or Juris Doctorate a plus.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Meaningful experience drafting, revising and redlining production agreements for digital, television or film.
• Substantial experience with the following: Microsoft Outlook and Word; Excel; document redlining programs (e.g., WorkShare); legal document management systems (e.g., iManage).
• Exposure to entertainment law, copyright law, and other intellectual property practice areas.
• Excellent drafting, analytical and research skills.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accountable.
• Superior organizational skills; able to handle and track a high-volume workload.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships within and outside of the organization.
• Prioritizes conflicting deadlines effectively; pivots quickly.
• Works with an appropriate sense of urgency and is sensitive to the demands and deadlines of multiple productions operating simultaneously.
NBCUniversal’s Digital Enterprises division leads the company’s digital business strategy, builds and strengthens partnerships with new media and technology companies, and spearheads efforts to deliver premium content to emerging platforms. The division’s content studios include Indigo Development and Entertainment Arts (a joint venture with Snap), developing and producing made-for-mobile scripted and unscripted series, DreamWorksTV, developing and producing live-action and animated children’s content, and Bluprint, helping people learn and be inspired by world-class experts and classes across a wide range of creative activities.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.