NBC6 Promotions Producer
Location: Miramar, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC 6 / WTVJ has an immediate opening for a trend conscious, detail oriented, digital savvy, Promotions Producer/Editor. The Promotions Producer/Editor will be responsible for creating topical and syndicated promotion for NBC 6 / WTVJ across all media platforms. The Promotions Producer/Editor should also be prepared to conceptualize and create original content. We are looking for a creative that elevates NBC 6 News and its content above the “noise” of the DMA. This position will report to the Promotions Manager and will collaborate closely with the Creative Services and News Departments.
From quick turn news topicals, to station image production, to digital only content. The Promotions Producer/Editor will be able to work collaboratively across departments while having the self-awareness to deliver flawless time sensitive content on-air, online, and OTT.
Essential Responsibilities:Produce and edit original and engaging promotional and short form content across all media, according to the timeline as assignedCommitted to covering/promoting station community efforts.Willingness to work during breaking news and weather events.Consult and develop projects with the Promotions Manager throughout the creative/production process as well as work closely with Promo Producers and Marketing team members when preparing content to outside vendorsFlexibility in role within the team and within the company, including working on marketing reels, Ad Sales spots and other Off-Air work as needed to support post, promo, and editorial teamContribute towards building the brand identityMake sure projects meet predetermined technical specs and deliverable needsOversee projects from conceptualization through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/ Writing/ Storyboarding/Producing/ Post and Voiceover directionDiligent about production paperwork, music reporting and adhering to the On-Air working practicesIs aware of and open to the need to include input from local markets, were necessaryAble to pitch ideas to the team and stakeholders. Discuss and listen to feedback constructively and act on itOffer a range of creative routes, where appropriate, as part of the creative development processEngage as an enthusiastic team member, proactively sharing ideas and best practicesCreatively ambitious, willing to take risks and have fun
• Experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, news station, network or creative agency environment.
• Minimum 3 years of Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop) editing experience and able to self-operate at high level.
• Experience with Media Assement Management Systems, such as Dalet, Avid, WideOrbit, iNews or ENPS preferred
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Miami/Ft.Lauderdale Area.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• A passion for television in general and marketing.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of post-production, editing and audio design techniques
• Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce eye-catching promotions, shorts and interstitials
• A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, social media, OTT, etc.
• Ability to write strong and distinctive copy
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines within a prescribed budget
• Diligent about production paperwork, music reporting and adhering to the communications department working practices
• Good interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team, the overall On-Air team and in representing the department throughout the company
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.