PLEASE NOTE: This is a part-time position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
This position is part of the core publishing team for NBC Sports Regional Networks. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and publishing of content to the RSN’s collection of sites and apps. This position will also work with NBC Sports’ partners on the distribution of content. Responsibilities
Edit digital content as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines and selecting complementary content such as photos and video.Package and optimize content for the app and websites to maximize sharing, engagement and traffic from search.
Coordinate with the RSN editorial, video and product teams to formulate best practices for the display and distribution of their content. Identify stories worthy of push notifications and craft compelling copy to inform and entertain users.Work with RSNs on how to best position and promote live streaming events.Collaborate with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of RSN content.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in packaging content for a digital audience, editing written content for publication, and headline writing for web/apps
- Demonstrated proficiency with Photoshop or other photo-editing software
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and MLS
- Must be a team player
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.