NBC 7 / Telemundo 20 San Diego is looking for an Emerging Platforms Manager to create original, unique content for digital platforms, including original videos designed for mobile/social/OTT platforms.
This is a hands-on position, meaning you get to make content on a regular basis and think about the big-picture strategy. We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a mobile/social audience, who can also coach journalists (both digital journalists and broadcast veterans) in creating videos, graphics and data visualization elements.
The person will partner with television reporters and producers to create digital versions of broadcast content, focusing on investigative and consumer content, working with them on projects from a story’s inception to its conclusion. In addition to creating videos for mobile platforms, this person will explore new video formats and storytelling devices.
This person will produce his/her own videos and coach existing newsroom staff on how to make effective content for all platforms.
The right candidate should love local news, have excellent people skills, coaching abilities and team orientation, and be comfortable working on an in-depth investigation of nuclear waste or the quirky viral talker story of the day. Job Duties
- Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train digital and television producers in those best practices.
- Leverage resources available from our station to research, pitch, write and edit video segments designed for mobile/social platforms, optimizing versions of the story for specific platforms.
- Write, shoot and edit original pieces in the newsroom or out in the field.
- Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
- Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement.
- Serve as a resource/expert on multi-platform video for the entire station.
- Understand technical aspects of digital video workflows, and always look for ways to be more efficient from creation to encoding to publication.
- Manage content and production of all podcast and OTT efforts.
- Track metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Work with the sales department to fulfill and execute sponsored initiatives.
- Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events
- Must have at least 2 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
- Experience editing videos on tight deadlines.
- Experience CREATING in Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and Photoshop
- Ability to light and shoot video content using DSLRs or production cameras
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
- Familiarity with social media platforms and experience creating content for all of them
- Deep knowledge of current events
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience with a complex CMS a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in San Diego
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.