- Full Time
DADA Goldberg is a boutique PR Agency that works with distinguished design and destination brands. Our work in public relations focuses on creating thoughtful narratives for inspiring spaces, the objects that fill them and people who create them. Our team works on international brands and projects, out of our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to join our Design Product team. The ideal candidate will have fluency and established relationships in B2B and B2C design media, experience in feature story telling and market placements, supported by a portfolio of media clips, and a proven track record of managing a campaign from pitch to publish.
Position Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director or Principal
Position purpose: The account manager is responsible for executing the press strategy and ensuring goals, and client satisfaction are achieved. They will handle communications at the top-level both with clients and with media. AMs are in charge of discussions regarding feature length pieces and top national outlets. They mentor and monitor progress of PR efforts by AEs to ensure pitching efforts are yielding results and overall a positive clients experience.
Client relations responsibilities:
- Responsible for client communication and achieving success per project
- Meets client monthly to report on progress and discuss priorities
- Assists in new business efforts as need arises
Media relations responsibilities:
- Develops a media strategy and plan for each project together with the Director or Principal
- Is responsible for the team reaching the team placement goals; Reviews the weekly pitching priorities, assigns new pitching assignments, and ensures progress for pitching efforts.
- Proactively brings new media opportunities, new writers, columns and targets to the team; Builds and owns meaningful conversations with the media, focusing on prolific writers and editors; Meets media in-person at least 2 times per month; Attends industry events at least 2 times per month.
- Ensures the team adopts the tracker/ CRM systems to be able to document progress
- Supports agency events
- Ensures that week's tasks are complete and progress is made.
- Acts as an ambassador for the agency in industry settings and meetings
- Provides constructive feedback; Upholds a constructive team environment
- Proven ability to lead projects to success
- Previous ownership of media relationships
- 4+ years experience in PR or related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make meaningful connections
- Aptitude for flagging and solving problems
- At least 4 years previous public relations experience required
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Why you want to work for DG
- Which design publications you read regularly and why
- A recent placement you are most proud of and why, accompanied by a clip portfolio
- A writing sample
- Two professional references (must be supervisor or higher)