Senior Account Executive - Travel & Hospitality
- Full Time
DADA Goldberg is a boutique PR Agency that works with distinguished design and destination brands. Our work in public relations focuses on creating thoughtful narratives for inspiring spaces, the objects that fill them and people who create them. Our team works on international brands and projects, out of our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our Hospitality team. The ideal candidate will have fluency and PR experience in travel and lifestyle media, experience in feature story telling for hotels, supported by a portfolio of media placements, and a proven track record of managing a campaign from pitch to publish.
Position Title: Account Executive
Reports to: Account Manager
Position purpose: The account executive is the key position responsible for the day-to-day outreach and subsequent results that meet or exceed the placement goals for each client. The account executive keeps up with client correspondence to ensure quality and timely service, reporting results to clients, executes award submissions, newsletters, writing assignments, and other communication tasks required by the client. AEs are supported by Account Coordinators on the administrative duties and client deliverables.
Client relations responsibilities:
- Prepares status call/ meeting agendas; circulates meeting minutes and call reports to outline and assign follow ups.
- Is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of the results of the PR outreach in weekly and monthly placements reports to the clients.
Media relations responsibilities:
- Demonstrates fluency in the travel / shelter/ design/ lifestyle/ architecture media landscape to be able to discuss authoritatively the nuanced differences between media outlets.
- Drafts pitches, releases and award submissions to review with the manager. Creates media lists tailored to each pitching effort.
- Proactively pitches media from the list, with momentum required to reach the intended results for the campaign.
- Custom tailors each pitch to the appropriate media opportunity/ writer/ column to ensure relevancy.
- Canvasses the design/ lifestyle/ news titles to look for new media opportunities, new writers, columns and targets
- Adopts a solution-based and goal-oriented approach
- Ensures accurate and timely record keeping for efforts
- Develops own relationships with the media
- Handles organizational elements of events including RSVP lists and vendor coordination, ensuring a smooth run of show.
- Day-to-day ownership of progress and results, agendas and media relations
- Represents agency and clients at industry events
- Acts as a team player by sharing relevant information about new writers, media opportunities and articles with the team
- Provides constructive feedback and proactively brings ideas to the team.
- Proven ability to strengthen media and client relations within our design and media universe
- 1-2 years of experience in PR
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
1-2 years previous public relations experience required
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- Why you want to work for DG
- Which travel and design publications you read regularly and why
- A recent placement you are most proud of and why, accompanied by a clip portfolio
- A writing sample
- Two professional references (must be supervisor or higher)