Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer
- Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer join the online/on-demand products team (Marketplace) in our Canton, MA or Salem, VA offices, or remotely near one of these offices. This person will and work alongside developers and product managers to design, build and optimize customer-driven online digital experiences. The Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer will have a deep knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in the area of User Experience Design. This senior level contributor is a systems thinker that focuses on the creation and delivery of innovative digital insurance product tools and platforms for the online distribution channel.
- Contributes to the transformation of OneBeacon’s product delivery platform to online and on-demand channels through user experience design and strategy efforts across affected business units and new opportunities.
- Helps define and articulate user-centered design approaches and uses designs to facilitate product design conversations and decisions that tie user needs to business objectives.
- Collaborates with marketplace/online on-demand researchers, product owners, programmers /engineers, OneBeacon’s various businesses, marketing & communications and other stakeholders departments to create a unified customer experience that balances user needs with business value.
- Applies knowledge of enterprise business processes and technology to designs and planned product release roadmap.
- Creates and executes user research plans and stakeholder interviews, reports on results and incorporates prioritized design changes from patterns and actionable business insights to prototypes and mockups for development.
- Creates user flow charts that reflect processes (formal and informal) and actions that a user may take when moving through the product. Creates wireframes that show the skeletal structure of each view.
- Composes mock-ups of the application that can later be translated into the product.
- Applies best practices for human-computer interaction to designs. Communicates interaction design requirements.
- Creates and uses high and low-fidelity prototypes to vet designs with users throughout process.
- Creates the aesthetics from company’s guidelines, design system and brand standards.
- Contributes to design system, shared knowledge base of UX recommendations and other UX workflows to create efficiencies to remain nimble.
- Maintain understanding of current industry trends and best practices through relevant newsletters, websites, studies and conferences.
- Strong business and marketing instincts and sense of entrepreneurship.
- Understanding of design thinking and service design.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the UX knowledge areas and the specific tools and methods associated with each
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital design, graphic design, typography, interaction design and creating wireframes and mockups to visually present information architecture and graphic design concepts to stakeholders
- Knowledge of responsive/adaptive, mobile, and interactive and application design techniques, limitations, and guidelines
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to communicate in both the business and technical environments
- Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Slack
- Microsoft Office
- WebEx, Remote User-testing tools and methods
Education and Experience:
- B.A. or equivalent experience in design strategy, business administration, psychology, communications, graphic design, or a related field
- 5 - 7+ years of digital design experience in a corporate, agency or start-up setting
- Portfolio of UX-focused work for web and mobile applications