Marketing and Communications Senior Associate
- Full Time
SmithBucklin, a leader in association (nonprofit) management, is looking for a Marketing and Communications Senior Associate to join our team in Chicago. The Marketing & Communications Services (MCS) unit provides a variety of services to our client organizations, including branding, creative services, public relations, membership publications, and convention and event marketing that goes beyond the successful execution of program and campaign deliverables. Our team partners with association leaders and other volunteers to develop marketing and communication strategies that are based on solid research and analysis that support the overall objectives of the organization.
This role will serve approximately 4-6 clients simultaneously and is best-suited for someone with strong organizational skills, the ability to thrive in a past-paced environment and an optimistic outlook.
What You Will Do
- Draft and manage distribution of client marketing communications, including email, website, press releases and popular social media channels
- Develop marketing collateral from copywriting to production through fulfillment
- Maintain account master files and budget monitoring spreadsheets
- Organize and update distribution lists for marketing activities
- Update production schedules and advertising/editorial calendars
- Contribute to the organization, production, distribution and inventory oversight of marketing collateral/publications/news releases as requested
- Update client websites and social media channels
- Manage development, materials/delivery and tracking of advertising and marketing materials for affiliates/partners
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for marketing and communications, and the impact this function has for nonprofits
- You have the ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under deadline in a multi-client deadline driven environment a must
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or related field
- 1-3 years of professional full-time experience in marketing communications or relevant internship experience
- Agency or professional services experience
- Proficient in popular IT applications (i.e., e-mail systems) and basic understanding of HTML (Web updates)
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position