Head of Data Operations
- Full Time
As a member of the Senior Leadership team within CADS, the Sr. Director, Data Operations will be responsible for the long-term vision, evolution, financial optimization, and day-to-day deliverables of the operations related to valuations, offerings, and vehicle reference data for Cox Automotive.
This includes influencing product roadmaps and launch plans associated with new car pricing, used car pricing, long-term residual values, and 5-year cost to own. The Sr. Dir., Data Operations will also be accountable for educating and evangelizing the Cox Automotive vehicle valuation story to the market, communicating the relevancy and value proposition of leveraging values and how they fulfill the brand promise to the industry and consumers.
Work as a cross-functional leader in helping establish priorities, modify operating plans and delivering projects as part of recurring Company planning and operating meetings.
Ensures that the Vehicle Valuation, offer review, and vehicle reference team’s resources and planning are aligned with overall Company goals.
Develop deep understanding for the competitors in the third-party vehicle valuation and pricing space, and the unique needs of customers in multiple segments.
Recommends and operationalizes strategies that have a direct impact on the business strategies and influences the program design that impact company-wide results Partners across Cox Automotive where appropriate to support cross business unit strategic initiatives.
Supervises/manages/directs the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel via multiple layers of managers.
Hire well and develop employees in a caring and effective manner. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Your Profile:12+ years leading a team of professional resources, analytic leadership and/or business management required.
- 7+ years of experience in a leadership position.Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent; Master's Degree preferred
- Strong track record of success in leadership roles with specific experience and passion for creating great products that are driven by knowledge and a deep curiosity for how exceptional products are conceived and built.
- Strong ability to interact effectively and positively with influence at all levels of the organization including partnering with both business stakeholders and senior executives.
- Strong strategic capability and the ability to align corporate goals with product strategy, product roadmap, product requirements combined with hands-on leadership capability and judgment necessary to execute and deliver great products.
- Experience working for a digital media, consumer or B2C Internet company in a product related capacity
- .Technical acumen and experience working for a company that utilizes an Agile development methodology.
- Ability to identify, acquire, manage and develop highly talented people.
- Strong financial analysis skills, including experience in developing business cases, cost/benefit analyses, break even calculations and financial decision-making models.
- Demonstrated strategic ability, business acumen, change leadership capability and success in leading multiple complex process improvement projects.
- Proven knowledge of change and quality management systems and continuous improvement philosophy, quality standards, quality needs and strategic planning, customer satisfaction, project management, statistical method and problem-solving methodologies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to senior leaders and/or public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.