Director, Consumer & Product Analytics
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Director will be the analytics partner for the Product team(s), driving improvements in understanding customer and content engagement, while recommending solutions through data insights and experimentation. The individual will be responsible for product KPIs, insights and testing. The Director will also partner with other data and decision science teams to share best practices and improve capabilities around data modeling, testing, personalization and visualization. They will build out a best-in-case product analytics team with a diverse set of skills to help meet business and product goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Lead a team of analytics professionals focused on hypothetical data analysis projects that grow the product through insights and experimentation Execute A/B and multivariate testing with product team to test in-market optimization strategies that can lead to growth and engagementCustomer Care Analytics Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior, segmentation/cohort analysis, conversion funnel and analysisPrepare dashboards for with visualizations and KPI tracking for senior executivesAnalyze product and user data to help with personalization and targeting efforts to create the best product experience for customersPresent research on user behavior, product enhancements, and metrics development / methodology to all levels of the company ensuring transparency and partnership
• 7+ years of applied experience in a media entertainment/technical role with a strong focus on analytics, product, project management, & user behavior
• 3+ years of people management / history of elevating a team
• BA/BS in technical or quantitative disciple or significant relevant work experience
• Experience analyzing data in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
• Coding skills for analytics and data analysis (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
Experience performing analysis with large datasets, i.e. Amazon AWS, Snowflake, or Google Big Query
• Experience building statistical models and running experiments
• A great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
• Combination of technical skill sets and business savvy to interface with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
• A passion for TV and movies and defining the future of entertainment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.