Lead Reference Data Specialist
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Lead Reference Data Specialist is responsible for driving the creation and management of a vehicle configuration reference data set that supports Cox Automotive vehicle information needs. The specialist will demonstrate independent judgment and decision making within established policies and procedures to augment, maintain, format, edit, input, proofread, and validate vehicle information from multiple sources and formats to create a rich catalog of data which powers Cox Automotive products and experiences.
- Final copy validation with goal of 100% accuracy.
- Enter data into proprietary database.
- Identify, research, and resolve information conflicts and inconsistencies.
- Translate written word and concepts into proprietary format.
- Analyze, interpret, reconcile, and validate information from multiple sources and formats to discern relevancy and consistency.
- Structure relevant information into a consistent, concise, informative, thorough, and uniform format.
- Verify configuration rules and maintain specification data sets.
- Support internal transfers of electronic data.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of new model releases, revisions and trends.
- Mentor Senior Vehicle Configuration Specialists.
- Meet deadlines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized, structured thinker that is process oriented.
- Must be a quick learner, that understands extremely detailed technical information and must enjoy challenges.
- Must be a self starter with the drive and commitment to deliver world class information services.
- Bachelor's degree or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.