- Full Time
W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Project Coordinator for the College Advertising Department. The College Advertising Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of print, email, and digital advertising collateral among Norton book teams, other departments, and outside vendors for roughly half of Norton’s college disciplines. They take a leadership role in implementing the advertising schedules, plans, and projects for books they are assigned. They also play a role in designing advertising emails and setting them up for deployment and keeping college book pages on the Norton website up to date. This position is based in New York City and reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and Advertising.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and maintain the production schedule for print, email, and digital (including videos) projects. This includes asset gathering, routing proofs to book teams, obtaining permissions, page proofing, and coordination with book teams for print ads as well as interactive pieces, such as videos.
- Collaborate on print, email, and digital advertising strategy with team from an implementation standpoint.
- Ensure that college pages on company website are accurate and up to date.
- Work with marketing managers to implement website strategies.
- Take on other departmental duties as needed, such as marketing collateral drafting and designing using InDesign.
- Creating video storyboards using InDesign.
- Coordinate with the College Department’s Design Director to provide recommendations to book teams.
- Proof ads before they go to the printer, ensuring that links are operational and other details are consistent.
- Manage, design, and deploy email campaigns for relevant lists and facilitate new email opportunities for the business.
- Help create assets for emails using Photoshop.
- Help generate new email advertising ideas.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s New York City headquarters.
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
- Experience or interest in email marketing.
- Must be a self-starter who sees a need and seeks to meet it.
- Must be collaborative colleague who works well multiple teams.
- Must have second-to-none organizational skills.
- Must be a creative problem solver.
- Experience with Excel and MS Office Products is required.
- Experience with Pardot (or other email marketing software), Salesforce (or another CRM), InDesign, Smartsheet, and Photoshop is preferred.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment with W. W. Norton is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, age, color, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the human resource manager.