As the assistant to the Editorial Copy Manager on the Growth team, you will help improve processes for, and communicate with, a remote editorial workforce.
You should be a strong editor and writer, with a sharp eye for detail. You must be a fast learner, creative thinker, and problem solver, and thrive in a rapidly evolving workplace.
About the Role
- Facilitate communication between internal and external editorial teams
- Provide guidance and answer questions based on best practices
- Assign and prioritize projects for remote team members
- Help create, update, and maintain best practices documentation and guidelines
- This is a contract role with the possibility of going to full time
- One to two years experience in online publishing
- Experienced in working with Excel, Google Docs, and Content Management Systems
- Have strong line editing and copyediting skills
- Possess excellent project management skills and strong verbal/written communication skills
- A self-starter who thinks on their feet to find solutions for problems, both easy and challenging
- A team player—no task is too big or too small for you to tackle
- The point person—people go to you when they have questions or need assistance.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include ThoughtCo, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Liquor.com, TripSavvy, and Verywell.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.