The Digital Media Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of NBC 7 San Diego’s digital news strategy, working with other local digital staff to ensure the offering is consistently up-to-the-minute, differentiated, impactful and relevant to a new generation of local users. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment and flair, and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 newsgathering operation. Job Duties
- Gather, edit, package and publish local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic
- Set content and coverage strategy for the day
- Write text articles, create and publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial “voice”
- Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness
- Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types
- Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
- Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
- Participate in efforts to hit aggressive daily benchmarks for the volume and frequency of local content publication
- Track Omniture, Chartbeat and other real-time traffic metrics to grow audience and identify stories.
- Represent team on calls and in meetings portfolio-wide
- Train news staff on digital tools and skills
- Work with the sales department to fulfill and execute sponsored initiatives
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to react decisively to breaking news
- Ability to write succinctly and with flair
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be quick to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and ledes to video online content
- Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring digital formats that are 100% accurate without typos or errors
- Experience working with social media, marketing products, using social networking sites or creating content that lives on such sites
- Experience working in content management systems
- At least 2 years experience working in print, online or television news in a medium to large-sized market
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
- Must be willing to work in San Diego
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24/7 shift
- Must be able to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Excellent news instincts
- Knowledge of San Diego city and regions
- Proficient in Social Media platforms, such as Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Edius
- Ability to use data visualization as storytelling tool a plus
- Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, and Stratus systems a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.