Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Bloomberg Terminal subscribers. That includes rigorous thematic research, supporting detailed national and regional economic forecasts. The economists also produce previews of major data releases or economic events and analysis as the key numbers break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are seeking an experienced economist with a curious mind and a track record of producing high value, timely analysis of international policy issues to join our research team in Washington DC. We would also consider highly suitable candidates in other major cities in the US or Europe. Focusing on global economic themes – from the future of monetary policy to the impact of protectionism and the risks from climate change, the successful applicant would have a wide brief to work with the Chief Economist and others around the world to produce insightful research for an economics and financial market audience.
This is a new position which the successful applicant could shape to fit their own interests and areas of expertise. We believe it could provide an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to shine and make an impact – not only with Bloomberg's influential subscribers but the wider world.
With more than 100 reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has unrivalled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it is heading. You will be expected to collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes and analysis to news stories and from time to time working on joint projects with economics reporters. You can also expect to appear at conferences, on television and in print media, as well as meeting with clients.
You'll need to have:
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in macroeconomic research, with proven expertise in advanced quantitative research or experience in economic policy
- The energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, across a range of subjects
- The ability to generate high-quality content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to deep-dive research projects
- English fluency, both written and verbal
- An advanced degree in Economics – Master's or PhD
- Policy experience and strong econometrics skills are encouraged
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.