The Bloomberg Washington bureau is seeking a reporter to cover the White House. Covering Donald Trump's White House is a round-the-clock affair. You will need to be a high-energy news-breaker - someone who lives to scoop the competition. It is not required that you have experience covering Washington. You will need to have competitive spirit, a collegial attitude and relentless energy. We'll trust you to land high-level conceptual scoops and craft enterprise stories. In this exciting role, your focus will shift from the White House to the campaign trail as Trump seeks re-election in 2020. You will travel around the country and, at times, around the world.
You will need to have:
- 5 or more years of experience covering a major institution, from a government to a major company to a leading industry.
- Demonstrated ability to build sources quickly, and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to break news on unfamiliar topics and work closely with editors to bring reporting to life in high-impact stories.
- Interest and flexibility to travel both nationally and globally, sometimes on short notice.
- Willingness and ability to dig into complex trade, financial, budgetary, legislative and other policy matters while keeping "horse race" politics coverage to a minimum.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.