Content Manager, Parent Content, RTL (Contractor)
- Full Time
Content Manager, Parent Content, RTL
Team: PBS KIDS Digital
Status: Full-time, Contractor, funded through June 2020
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
The Content Manager is responsible for content development, distribution and promotion of parenting content, with a focus on parent-child educational activities in text and video. This position works closely with content managers across Children’s Media and Education, the PBS KIDS producer community and PBS member stations to develop content that encourages families to engage in learning experiences. This position is part of a grant-funded project focused on promoting early learning and school readiness, with an emphasis on supporting children from low-income, underserved communities. Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the cross-functional PBS KIDS for Parents and Ready To Learn (RTL) teams to implement the RTL parent-child activity content strategy that drives high engagement across multiple platforms
- Work with PBS KIDS producers, show advisors and internal stakeholders to develop show-specific parenting content
- Develop an editorial calendar for the activities and keep teams abreast of plans;
- Manage content production, working with writers, designers, videographers and other content creators as needed to execute editorial plans;
- Uphold content guidelines, including voice and tone, making sure content is optimized for multiple platforms, for SEO, and is consistent with the PBS brand
- Edit and publish content using Craft CMS, PBS Media Manager, YouTube and other publishing platforms.
- Collaborate with PBS KIDS Marketing to help promote the content, PBS KIDS, and individual shows through newsletters, social media and other platforms
- Use Google Analytics to make strategic decisions to guide content development.
- A minimum of 2-4 years combined experience in one or more of the following areas: Managing the development of digital content, experience managing video content development, writing and editing materials for digital publication, and digital production experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major in journalism, education, communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Managing projects, temporary staff and contractors;
- Results-driven with solid editorial judgment and ability to identify and focus on strategic priorities;
- General knowledge of and strong interest in young children and/or early childhood education;
- Digital publishing skills, including content creation, HTML, SEO, metadata, project management, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Eloqua, and other development applications;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, particularly for a parenting audience;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and basic traffic development strategies:
- Digital promotion and/or marketing experience a plus;
- Experience developing educational resources for kids and parents a plus.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities