- Full Time
pulsd is an experiential discovery platform on a mission to democratize fun in New York City.
For the past several years, pulsd has been unlocking the magic of New York City. We have completely reimagined how New Yorkers discover and experience the most memorable moments of their lives. And we empower incredible local merchants and artisans.
We are built by New Yorkers for New Yorkers. Our office is located in the Prince Building, in the heart of SoHo, with sweeping views of City Hall, The World Trade Center and other New York City landmarks. Current partners include small businesses, all the way up to mega brands such as Tao Group, Union Square Hospitality, Pure Barre, Skin Spa, The Bowery Hotel and many more.
The Editorial Associate is involved in all editorial and copy-related aspects of the company, from research and photo sourcing to writing and editing copy. As such, a passion for lifestyle writing is essential and required. Living, breathing, and having an eye for New York City culture is definitely a plus. Our users are looking to explore their city through pulsd - and it's your job to be proactive and discover new and exciting ideas while creating a continuous flow of high quality written content.
A successful candidate will be able to quickly grasp the pulsd voice and write with natural warmth, narrative polish, and a sense of humor. Your workload will be fast-paced, so you should be comfortable writing consistently excellent, descriptiv, creative copy on daily, sometimes hourly, deadlines. Therefore, you're expected to have excellent attention to detail and self-editing ability.
As a team member responsible for the company's core product, you will be an integral part of a fast-growing startup media business. A candidate with a strong sense of motivation, ownership, organization, and dedication to excellence will thrive in this role.
- Lead and produce content across all platforms that cover the biggest events, newly opened restaurants, fitness studios and spas to inspire readers to try new things in New York City
- Work with the Editorial Director to build email and other acquisition strategies to reach a wider audience in New York City
- Work with the sales team to optimize promotion performance across pulsd’s main verticals - restaurants, events, fitness and spa/beauty.
- Develop offers/branded content to support the success of pulsd’s native advertising business.
- Organize and maintain editorial calendars and ensure deadlines are being met & traffic goals are being achieved.
- Be an authority on the best happenings in New York City.
- Graduate with a bachelor's degree from a leading university or liberal arts college.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in professional lifestyle writing/editing.
- Stylish, creative prose that captures the pulsd brand and resonates with our audience.
- Cultural understanding, from knowing the hottest restaurant, the latest exhibit at the Met, and celebrity news, to creative directors at major fashion houses.
- Comprehension of standard grammar (AP Style preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail and self-editing ability.
- Creativity, resilience, and grace under pressure. You have no fear of writer's block.
- Must have a comfortable command of Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator preferred, as you will on occasion be required to create/edit/assemble marketing materials and edit photos.
- Must have an eye for great photography, and some experience in photography. Food photography a plus.
- Strong sense of being a team player.
- You welcome and embrace constructive feedback, as this is a collaborative effort.
- Competitive compensation consisting of base, commissions, recurring commissions on legacy business and bonuses.
- Full medical, dental, & vision insurance; transit benefits.
- Breakfast & catered lunch paid for by the company.
- Open vacation time and personal time.
- Free pulsd experiences.