Executive Editor, Inc.
- Full Time
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We tell the stories of the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk, and give all employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About The Role
Inc. seeks a seasoned editor with at least five years experience-- and hands-on experience assigning and editing long form features—to be its next Executive Editor.
What You’ll Be Doing
Assigning and editing long features and shorter pieces for Inc. magazine and Inc.com; conceptualizing, assigning, and overseeing editorial packages in print and online (and creating and leading ad hoc teams across multiple departments to do so); recruiting speakers for and appearing onstage at Inc. events. There are opportunities to work on Inc.’s podcast and videos as well.
What We’re Looking For
In this role, Inc.’s ideal candidate will:
- Conceive, assign, and edit big-picture, award-winning features and packages for Inc. magazine.
- Oversee crucial Inc. editorial franchises -- including our annual Female Founders issue -- and manage their development over multiple platforms.
- Be a strong and wise editor of reporters and writers for Inc. and Inc.com, nurture their development as journalists, and help identify and cultivate new editorial talent for Inc.
- Advise on, find speakers for, and participate in Inc. events (such as the annual Inc. 5000 conference).
- Be comfortable creating and leading ad hoc teams.
- Have at least 5 years experience in journalism, preferably with some business journalism experience, and have experience editing major (3,000 words and longer) features.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.