- Full Time
The New York Post is seeking a Digital Editor to join our digital team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an iconic media brand as it continues to experience exponential growth online.
- Manage production and publishing of content on the New York Post website
- Collaborate with reporters and editors across various editorial departments to package and optimize content for The Post’s digital audience
- Manage The Post's homepage
- Oversee how breaking news is published and promoted on the New York Post website
- Use web analytics to monitor reader engagement
- Teach best practices for web publishing online when working with journalists in other departments at The Post
- At least 3 years of experience working in an online news environment
- Superior editorial judgment
- Proven ability to write pithy, web-friendly headlines
- Ability to leverage multimedia content to enhance stories and user experience
- Experience using social media to find and promote stories
- Familiarity with content management systems, photo editing software and web analytics tools
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.