Senior Product Manager
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is adding an experience Senior Product Manager with SAAS/PAAS softwareproducts to join our Platform API team in the CRS group in Austin, TX.
The Common Retail Services API product team provides an enterprise-wide framework for commercialization and consistency of Cox Automotive capabilities in the form of APIs thereby driving faster and efficient automotive commerce.
Our Initiatives/products that drive our vision are as follows:
- Cox Automotive API Storefront: A central, online, and public-facing store that is used to facilitate the purchase and consumption of Cox built APIs
- Best Practices: Our design center helps Cox developer teams build APIs with consistency and quality driving towards an ‘API first’ and ‘API as a product’ mindset
- API Developer Tools: We build tools that help the builders of APIs. Each of these tools are standalone products
Why should you work for Cox?
Work with an industry leader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCvFnzrOys
It’s all about our culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOrgaLV2Meg
Transforming the Auto Industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiMKTWd0HY
A great place to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dczN3E7coak
What is interesting about this role and the team?
- Common Retail Services is a team that serves as a framework for all of Cox’s Retail business units and brands giving an enterprise-wide exposure to its team members
- In this role you will have the unique opportunity to interface with leaders from various business units across Cox Automotive as opposed to being siloed into the one application or brand.
- The Retail API team is the center driving the ‘API as product’ and ‘API first’ initiatives for Cox and as a product leader in that space you will be directly responsible for changing the way the company builds and sells its capabilities.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will…
- Define the product strategy and ensure delivery of business value to our customers and Cox Automotive.
- Track market trends and competitive offerings; interface with customers and others to drive product direction and ensure capabilities meet market needs and customer goals.
- Develop relationships with customers to better understand their needs and evangelize our products.
- Create and prioritize features and user stories that deliver incremental value to the end customer in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Work with Agile cross-functional teams responsible for
both new product development and enhancements to existing products through the entire product lifecycle, from inception and research, through development and testing, to launch and
- Work closely with Architects and Software Engineering to oversee and approve product designs, enhancements, and quality.
- Lead product team iteration planning, release planning, and coordination of dependencies.
- Proactively prune, prioritize and maintain the product backlog so that each successive iteration can be planned clearly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to align backlogs and roadmaps across teams, departments and business units.
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and stakeholders
at all levels and across teams to drive initiatives to successful completion.
- Coordinate go-to-market activities with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Support, and other departments as needed.
with Operations to ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting, incident
management, and problem resolution for products and services.
- Act as subject matter expert on products, services, and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field is required.
- 5+ years of Product Manager/Product Owner/Business analyst experience in a software development organization OR 5+ years of Software/product development experience with a business degree
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizing skills required.
- Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve.
- Working knowledge of application programming interfaces (APIs) OR system integration
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) required.
- Experience partnering with design teams and guiding UX
What might get you brownie points…
- Experience with Product planning, Agile productivity and management tools (e.g., Aha, Product Board, Rally, VersionOne, Jira, Trello, etc.) a plus.
- e-commerce or digital retailing experience is a plus
- CSPO/CSM certification OR Pragmatic training is a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.