Online Car Sales Representative
- Full Time
This position is primarily responsible for increasing Dealer cars sold using online vehicle exchange program, IF Bids, etc. by working closely with Buyers and Sellers via telephone, email, or other electronic communication means. The Online Car Sales Representative will use past successes in sales and customer service to develop and maintain relationships with Manheim customers. The position works closely with the Location based and Field Sales Teams to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales goals
- Contact Bidder/Seller to ensure that they are aware of an offer and attempt to close the transaction
- After a sale closes, obtain a list of dealers who bid online at or over MMR on particular units and didn’t win the bid. Match bidder with an alternate vehicle in-lane or on OVE
- Encourage referrals from Field Sales, Dealer Services and Dealer Concierge for buyers interested in specific inventory
- Prioritize work to yield highest transaction volume
- Track time allocated to each transaction, number of transactions worked and results
- Train Dealers/Sellers to help them sell vehicles more effectively online
- Ensure reporting of results is complete and accurate
- Works independently, manages time effectively with great attention to details
- Team player and great communication and relationship skills with internal and external customers
- Provide Digital Sales support
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- 2-5 years proven track record in sales and service; automotive, auction, internet sales/service a plus
- Understanding of used vehicles, damage assessments and valuations a plus
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and self-motivating
- Excellent people, teamwork, customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; use of salesforce.com a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.