Digital Video Preditor
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Universal is looking for a creative shooter and video editor to focus on creating digital and social video content for Bravo. This position will require a combination of on-set producing, creative ideation/pitching of video concepts, and expert hands-on shooting and video editing. The ideal candidate will have exceptional storytelling instincts, and the skills and ability to independently see video projects through from start to finish.
Responsibilities include:Produce and shoot a high volume of videos for Bravo’s digital and social brand channels using a wide variety of cameras, including Canon c100/c300, Canon 5D, and Sony FS7Edit videos for Bravo’s digital and social platforms (BravoTV.com, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc) using a mixed range of in-house digital original footage, Bravo show footage, sourced Getty images, social media content, cell phone footage, etc, using Premiere Pro, After Effects, and AuditionPerform basic color correcting and audio mixing when necessary Regularly pitch and produce digital-first video ideas leveraging Bravo IP, including digital original series, mashups, and other custom video assetsReceive and implement notes on video edits from Bravo’s editorial team, senior leadership, and other project stakeholdersProvide creative input on video pitches and throughout post-productionAdhere to strict deadlines while managing multiple projects at onceWork collaboratively across multiple teamsDeliver final video product to the required platform specificationsLead and own video projects from start to finish
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a digital video shooter/editor/producer in an entertainment or media setting
• Knowledge of all aspects of video shooting, including camera/audio operation, lighting, and production management
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition
• Proficient technical knowledge of all post-production technologies, including ingestion/output of media, file conversions, camera formats and video codecs, media distribution and quality control
• Exceptional ability to pick out key moments and identify compelling narratives in raw footage
• Experience working with high-level talent
• A proven track record of creating story-driven digital video content for a major brand
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #52113BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• A passion for digital video content and excellent instincts for what makes videos popular in the digital and social landscape
• Familiarity with Bravo’s programming
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.