Digital Inventory Manager, News
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manage a team of Inventory Analysts that oversees the day to day inventory requestsCoordinate and profitably allocate advertising inventory for all NBCUniversal’s News digital sites and partners across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Desktop, Handheld, Tablet, OTT, Set Top Box VOD and custom ad products.Oversee creation and distribution of key inventory reportsProvide strategic oversight of inventory and yield management operationsWork closely with sales in providing analytical support to utilize inventory efficiently. Leverage diverse sales channels to evaluate opportunities, assess risk and inform strategic decisions.Partner with Sr. Director of Planning to evaluate and implement any/all new inventory management tools and systemsForecast, monitor and recommend appropriate inventory levels for site sections where inventory cannot be reliably predicted (new sponsorship packages, new partnerships, event sponsorships, etc.)Partner with Research, Finance and Site team contacts to develop, review and analyze bi-annual inventory forecasts during key budget and estimate timeframes. Ensure all inventory and traffic metrics are alignedMaintain oversight of digital ad product catalogue. Recommend changes/updates and create new ad products in response to market demandWork with Ad Solutions team to identify areas where tags are not accurate and page views/video streams do not sync with impressionsWhen necessary, handle escalations related to inventory utilization and pricing with the Analysts, Sales Planning and Sales Account ExecutivesShare best practices for Inventory with Sr. Director and Inventory Managers for other Sales verticals.
As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team is dedicated to providing the highest level of “sales intelligence” while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Ad Sales team to the News Vertical. As a Digital Inventory Manager, you will manage a team of Analysts responsible for forecasting inventory and optimizing campaigns across a diverse product to ensure client delivery. This role will work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners such as site leaders, research, sales, ad ops and planning and be the voice of expertise on our News Inventory availabilities and trends. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, then this role would be a fit for you.
Core responsibilities include:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience in online media (4+ years) with specific experience in inventory, planning, operations, and/or yield management
• Knowledge of financial and operational principles specifically related to digital ad sales
• Knowledge of ad-serving systems (DoubleClick DFP, Freewheel, Operative One or other OMS)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. High proficiency in advanced Excel functionality (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.)
• Demonstrated success working on developing business initiatives or emerging departments
• Well organized and strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge such as DFP, Freewheel is preferred
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
• Attraction to continuous change and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.