Commerce Editor - Men's Journal
- Full Time
Commerce Editor – Men’s Journal
American Media is seeking a Commerce Editor with a passion for discovering and presenting the best products and services across the fitness vertical through commerce editorial.
The Commerce Editor will work with the fitness edit teams across all of American Media's fitness properties including Men's Journal, Muscle and Fitness, and Muscle and Fitness Hers. This individual should be able to ensure common-speech is used and help mentor a growing team of commerce writers.
This role is ideal for an editorial leader who is obsessed with following the latest trends, publishing stories featuring products and services that resonate with our readers, and testing different editorial strategies to best monetize content. The individual will be responsible for editing most commerce content across our fitness verticals, ensuring proper spelling and grammar, as well as verifying best e-commerce practices are followed that help optimize copy for conversions.
Commerce content includes everything from deals and flash sales on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market. The editor will use data, guidance from AMI leadership teams, relationships with AMI business partners, and his or her own intuition to determine the best way to present commerce content on our various sites.
- Write and edit daily, monthly, seasonal, and evergreen shopping content. Approx. 50% editing and 50% content creation.
- Keep up to date with the latest brands, products, online services, pop culture trends, entertainment merchandise, and other things that are worth our audiences’ time and money
- Work with our branded partners as needed to ensure all necessary commerce campaigns run flawlessly
- Utilize internal analytics tools to track and optimize commerce content developing data-driven editorial strategies that provide exponential commerce success
- Work closely with the fitness edit team leads to ensure brand voice accuracy in delivered commerce content
- Work alongside the audience development team to ensure proper promotion and reporting of commerce content
- Dive into data provided by our third-party commerce services, affiliate networks and vendors, social media platforms, and other analytic tools to make educated recommendations for commerce strategy
- Provide weekly reporting of commerce edit content across all entertainment sites to Commerce Director
- Serve as a point of contact between commerce department, edit teams, and other business development verticals
- Occasionally may manage commerce content for other AMI properties and entities, including overseeing with freelancers, communicating with branded content, marketing and ad sales teams, and providing other support as needed
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional writing environment including at least 1 year of in-house editorial management
- Proficiency in editing copy in a way that fits various entertainment brand voices, while ensuring individual writer voices remain intact
- Aptitude for providing prompt feedback to writers in a concise, supportive manner, that encourages a collaborative team environment
- Prior experience motivating writers to meet quotas and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks while balancing writing and editing responsibilities
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices, Photoshop, Google Analytics, and other reporting platforms
- Fluent in Wordpress for editorial purposes
- Flexible schedule during retail holidays with the ability to work nights, weekends, and other different shifts as needed to meet commerce revenue goals
- Previous experience with service journalism, affiliate marketing, and/or other monetized content preferred but not required
- Passionate about all things entertainment and celebrity a plus
- Prior client-facing campaign and/or partnership management experience a plus
Please include a link to your portfolio when responding to this job post.