Sales & Partnerships Manager
- Full Time
Who We Are:
Now in its fifth year, The Financial Diet (TFD) is a leading destination for young women to learn and talk about money. With the largest female-focused YouTube channel covering personal finance, a robust website, and a highly-engaged community on social media, we provide millions of people with relatable financial education. Our team of thoughtful, highly-motivated women is small but mighty, committed to telling real stories and meeting our audience where they are. As our platforms rapidly grow, our purpose remains the same: to break the taboo of talking about money and give our audience the tools and confidence to build the lives they want on any budget.
Who You Are:
The Partnerships Manager will play a major role in The Financial Diet’s revenue growth, with significant opportunities to innovate, lead, and shape the work that we do. Working closely with the COO and CEO, their primary responsibility will be to increase the quantity and scope of custom sponsors for TFD’s digital portfolio and in-person events. We are a highly collaborative environment and this role provides ample opportunities to be creative, expand verticals, and work with our team to create new types of branded content.
Our current branded content products provide brands with a unique and personal way to reach young women, while our highly-defined audience makes it easy for brands to reach the customers they value most. In addition to leveraging the proven success of these products, the Partnerships Manager will work closely with TFD leadership to develop new opportunities for advertisers beyond our current offerings.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Familiar with sales, with 2-3 years of experience in a sales or account management role at a digital publisher, advertising or media agency, or another relevant company
- Self-motivated, resilient, and competitive
- Excited by the challenge of forging new relationships from scratch
- Highly conscientious, understanding the importance of successful account management
- Able to understand the delicate balance between helping sponsors achieve their goals and maintaining the trust of our audience
- More excited by possibility than predictability (in other words, you’d rather roll up your sleeves and explore what’s out there than be given a narrow set of tasks to carry out)
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Procure new advertisers for all of The Financial Diet’s digital properties (YouTube, web, and social media) as well as events
- Maintain relationships with previous clients and ensure renewed business
- Manage advertiser accounts from inception to completion
- Travel up to 4-5x per year to major metropolitan areas throughout the U.S. to meet with potential and existing clients and attend relevant conferences and industry events
- Up to $1,000/year reimbursement for professional development such as attending conferences, workshops, or courses
- Very flexible remote work policy (up to 25% of work may be conducted out of office, not counting work-related travel)
- Unlimited vacation
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a link to any relevant platforms such as LinkedIn or a professional website.