Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Account Manager will work with the Academic Sales team including the Executive Licensing Manager, sales, marketing and support staff to develop existing accounts and proactively establish new relationships with colleges and university libraries to achieve revenue goals and drive new sales. This position is flexible to be based in New York or Texas (preferable). The Account Manager will be covering five southern states, with the anchor state being Texas.
- Drive sales growth by expanding the portfolio of customers, products and markets.
- Negotiate and close business with an understanding of the margins required.
- Foster long-standing customer relationships through a high level of interaction including site visits/conferences/presentations/telephone/email).
- Produce sales/business reports and maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Collaborate with internal departments and staff to ensure customer satisfaction, sales growth, and the development of new sales channels.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and actively participate in the library/scholarly community.
- Responsible for identifying and capitalizing on expansion opportunities within existing and new accounts.
- Responsible for client satisfaction, and revenue with a focus on profitability improvements aligned with Springer Nature’s objectives.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for potential growth in organic revenue.
- Serve as an industry expert; including communicating relevant industry trends and best practices to clients that ultimately create demand for Springer Nature products.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal Springer Nature departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Provide presentations that effectively communicate the value of Springer Nature products.
- Other duties as needed.
- Candidates should have their Bachelor’s degree with minimum of three (3) years prior experience, preferably in sales and/or scholarly publishing.
- A strong understanding and previous experience in the STM market and knowledge of journal and multi-site licensing
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Ability to work on complex contract negotiations and proposal development.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Proven track record of effectively increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must possess experience presenting to groups of peers, management and clients.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Ability to travel as required – 40% to 50%.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.