We are seeking a Jr Designer or Designer to create book covers for our Portfolio and Sentinel imprints. These imprints focus on nonfiction books in the two primary categories of business and politics, including subcategories such as marketing, management, business narrative, investing, personal finance, economics, career advice, conservative thought, history, religion, and international relations.
The Jr Designer/Designer:
* Designs book jackets and covers.
* Prepares jacket/cover mechanicals - from creation (setting up templates, designing layout, and routing within deadlines) to final production (gathering files for printer; marking-up for Production; and checking for color before final proofing).
* Works with Art Directors from concept stage to finished, printed product.
* Conducts art research.
* Archives completed jobs and creates jpegs for marketing and publicity.
* Minimum of 1 year design experience
* Highly creative
* Broad knowledge of typography
* Possesses good layout skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
To apply, please submit your online portfolio, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.