Head of Brand Marketing, THE WEEK
2 days left
- Full Time
THE WEEK is looking to hire a Head of Brand Marketing, based in our New York offices.
About THE WEEK
As a mission-based media brand, THE WEEK is “Of Many Minds,” providing thoughtful audiences with multiple perspectives on news and culture, enabling personalized worldviews at a time when echo chambers and algorithms permeate content consumption behavior. THE WEEK encourages open mindedness and healthy debate, from synthesized news analysis found in print and newsletters to contributor-based opinion and commentary across web and social.
With a thriving membership model at play, THE WEEK is working toward expanding platforms, formats, and experiences that carry the mission forward via innovative marketing partnerships and distribution models. We’re seeking a Head of Brand Marketing to help us succeed in these areas.
This position reports to the SVP, Marketing and plays a crucial leadership function within the organization. It is an opportunity to build and grow the sales marketing capabilities of THE WEEK by creating measurable impact within a nimble yet expanding environment. This position will be expected to work creatively and cross-functionally with editorial and business stakeholders (and globally, with our UK office) to identify white-space, innovate, and serve up meaningful and modern ideas that brands will see the inherent - and timely - value in.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for news & culture, and an open mindedness to new or different worldviews.
- Be a team leader and collaborator.
- Demonstrate prior success creating and customizing client-focused, revenue-generating solutions across digital, print, social, audio, video, and experiential.
- Have a keen ability to intersect data/insights and product with brand KPI’s.
- Embrace being an end-to-end player-coach - from pre-sale (strategy, ideation, and proposal development) through post-sale (performance and activation).
- Demonstrate understanding of how to incorporate brand, product, and performance marketing objectives.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Build and deliver best-in-class sales marketing capabilities:
- Lead the development of an arsenal of monetizable, innovative, and creative brand marketing/media capabilities that are core to THE WEEK DNA. This is primarily defined as insight-led, customizable, sellable, and executable concepts ranging from turnkey to tentpole, across key platforms and investment levels.
- Create a framework for, and operationalize, pre-sale deliverables (inclusive of RFP/RFI, proactive pitches, and meetings) - and partner with sales to implement day-to-day.
- Act as - or assign/source - client-facing lead/project manager, for sold programs across media platforms; engage and oversee projects with internal departments and outside vendors to maintain strategy and drive success.
- Scope and manage an in-house and freelance team of integrated marketers, experiential strategists, project managers, and other relevant experts.
- Orchestrate collaboration among in-house, global, and outsourced partners for ongoing innovation and client solutions - including editorial, creative, digital development, research, consumer marketing, and others.
- Ideate and pursue strategic alliances with like-minded partners; conceive business models.
- Build and maintain project P&L’s.
- Expertly align integrated marketing programs with media strategy, planning, optimization, and reporting.
- 10+ years professional experience with a background in media publishing, digital media, media agency and/or brand marketing.
- Previous positions equivalent to Marketing Director or higher, with Global and C-Suite exposure preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities/projects in high-volume, fast-paced environments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success building and managing small and large-scale P&L’s.
- Involvement with brand development initiatives, inclusive of diverse revenue streams, new content platforms, and brand extensions.
- Advanced working knowledge of G-Suite, Salesforce, Slack, and Keynote.
The Week is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Head of Brand Marketing, THE WEEK
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly