Account Director, Global Ad Partnerships
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Leverage your mastery of media and communications to develop winning brand and media strategies for growthConsult and coach global clients with insights to achieve greater results on NBCU/SkyRecommend solutions and influence decisions that drive growth and generate a positive return on investmentExcellent project management skills to impact process improvementsWork cross-functionally, activating key business units within NBCU and Sky to ensure pipeline creation, revenue goal achievement and end customer success
We are expanding our Global Advertising Partnerships team to further advance our headquarter-level relationships with our most important advertisers. The Accounts Director, Global Advertising Partnerships will be a key member of the NBCU Ad Sales organization, and their strategic and consultative international sales expertise is considered critical to unlocking greater value and impact for our advertisers. This role develops key relationships and builds value with clients and agencies at scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Account Director for the Global Advertising Partnerships team, you are passionate about playing an instrumental role with our largest and most complex accounts to deliver insight-driven brand strategies by understanding and navigating across the range of NBCUniversal and Sky products available to our advertisers.
You build strong relationships and participate in upfront planning, educating advertisers on our product portfolio and diving deep into NBCU/Sky’s proprietary metrics to derive insights. You link all facets of an advertiser’s business to provide clear guidance and direction using experimentation, quarterly or mid-year business reviews and frequent in-person advertiser sessions to iterate and articulate a brand’s story. You are responsible for identifying opportunities to drive incremental revenue and to drive innovation and roadmap decisions on behalf of the advertiser.
This is a client-facing role that is also responsible for being an expert for C-level marketing leaders, delivering consultative solutions, providing clear direction and guidance, and earning their trust by educating them and anticipating their needs on how to be successful with NBCU/Sky.
Drive a global consultative selling strategy for NBCU/Sky’s portfolio of assets Become an expert on NBCU/Sky, enabling upfront agreements, and align with other internal teams to best serve our advertiser needsAccount Planning: Develop and actively manage short and long-term account plans based on client brand and performance marketing objectives Apply emerging consumer data and analytics to create innovative media solutions with NBCU/Sky’s content and platforms
• Broad knowledge of global media landscape and competitive set
• Proven list of key client and agency relationships
• Well-connected within Global Agency holding companies
• Deep understanding of strategic approach to global media plan development
• Experience on variety of categories and accounts
• Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
• 7+ years experience in client-facing, account management roles, focused on Global relationships with Fortune 100 brands across industries.
• 3+ years’ experience as a proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients – strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
• Strong network of contacts, and excellent communication skills – confidence to build relationships at all levels
• Annual brand planning and media planning capabilities
• Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
• Experience with influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY with occasional travel abroad
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.